Frequently Asked Questions
- Where are we located and where do we offer services?
Cornerstone Builders Ltd. is housed and managed in our 9,500 square-foot facilities in Belleville, Ontario. We currently offer our services to preferred clientele across Ontario and Canada.
- Where are we licensed to practice?
Our certified Professional Engineers maintain licenses to practice in Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta. We have a network of selected sub-consultants capable of Engineering practice in the balance of Canadian Provinces.
- Who makes up our qualified staff?
Our Sales, Engineering, Estimating and Project Management teams contribute to the success of each project. Meanwhile, our field staff consists of a combination of full-time Equipment Managers, Equipment Operators, Site Superintendents, Carpenters/Skilled Trades and General Labourers, involved in our day-to-day activities.
- Four Principals, each active in full-time operations
- Each project we undertake involves the direct participation of at least one of the Principals, remaining involved from design through costing to completion
- Our Estimating team will be continuously involved from conceptual design and budgeting, to cost comparison, to purchasing and to final cost tracking
- Close comparison will be provided to all aspects of purchasing and labour through the construction process, thus providing our team reviews with an ongoing audit of the project performance
- In-House Engineering personnel with a library of experience and proven detail
- Extensive knowledge of Building Codes and applicable laws, good building practice, materials, installation subtleties and process requirements
- Two Certified Professional Engineers maintaining a license to practice in Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta
- Project /Construction Managers are responsible for day-to-day project status
- Each manager provides ongoing client representation, project schedule control, material purchases and project cost control
Site Management / Field Crews
- Experienced Field Superintendents to coordinate on-site work
- Fully-equipped jobsite trailers, communication equipment and worker amenities
- Skilled Carpenters, Labourers and valued sub-trades located across Ontario
- In-house controlling, accounting, and bookkeeping staff
- Experience in the methodology of project management control, tracking and reporting
- Reporting provided for team review at intervals requested by our Clients, with fully detailed and supported invoicing prepared monthly
- What technologies do we utilize?
- AutoCAD design and construction document production
- Microsoft Projects – construction and payment scheduling program
- In-house plotting, printing and large-format copying capabilities
- Electronic accounting and communication systems, including multiple-mode telephones, email and facsimile
- Are we bondable?
Yes, for any scale of project.